Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Flirting with Istanbul by night



This is probably my favorite self portrait, you can see my silhouette in front of the bar. Despite the jet lag and dirty taste in my mouth I was super excited to see the Istanbul skyline- the Bosphorous, the Sultan Ahmet, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, world famous bridge connecting Europe to Asia; the monumental sites nestled among sleepy apartment buildings, half open windows giving a glimpse of urban Turkish life at 9pm. What I found the most endearing were the mellow yellow lights preferred by every household I could peer into. I was standing on the rooftop restaurant ‘Leb-e-Derya’ in Taksim, an area that prides itself as the heart of Istanbul.

2 comments:

  1. It's a BEAUTIFUL CITY Shubh! It's got HEART & SOUL!Blow it a kiss for me next time you're there!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the photo. Istanbul is really a great city. If you go again, you can get help from www.wizardistanbul.com They are really helpful.

    ReplyDelete